Trifecta is a new project by the restaurant group behind Le Club Chasse et Pêche, Le Filet et Le Serpent that aims to provide ready-to-assemble dishes from all three ultra-chic […]Read the post
Below is a list of restaurants offering exceptional take-out. From comfort classics, to sushi, fine-dining meals, pizza and everything in between, you’ll find what you’re looking for here.
To kick it off, here’s a list of a few favourite spots of ours doing great take-out:
- vinvinvin: On June 1st it was announced that the kitchen would be back up and running preparing take-out meals under the name miamiamiam — get it? The food is delicious.
- Casgrain BBQ: The take-out pivot of Vin Mon Lapin. The menu is all about chicken, both rotisserie and sourdough-fried, along with salads and exciting daily specials.
- Chez Victoire: The excellent neighbourhood bistro created a take-out menu designed to offer a taste of Chez Victoire at home.
- Elsdale: During the confinement, this small café-cum-buvette developed a menu of comforting ready-to-eat meals.
- Mesón: To our delight, Chef Marie-Fleur is getting back into the kitchen! Her tasty dishes are now available in ready-to-eat or ready-to-cook formats at the Tapéo-Mesón Market. Thank you, Chef!
- Darling: They are finally open again! The buvette is offering beautiful little take-out meals.
- Miel: The charming address in Pointe-Saint-Charles offers a take-out menu under the name Rubie’s serving fried-chicken from Wednesday to Saturday!
- Magnolia: The Rosemont restaurant offers a new take-out menu every week. Additionally, some nice bottles of privately imported wine are also available for take-away, Thursday to Sunday.
- Tinc Set: The charming and delicious take-out wine shop and rotisserie in Outremont by the owners of Alma.
- Lapin Pressé: A cozy lunch counter on Laurier East serving some of the most delicious grilled-cheese sandwiches anywhere.
- La Fabrique: The neighbourhood bistro continues to prepare its comforting dishes adapted for take-out.
- Lou: The casual snack-counter on Beaubien Street offers comfort-classics for takeaway.
- Knuckles : A charming cantine in Villeray that offers a menu inspired by seasonal ingredients. Their panzerottis are some of the best in town. Plus, they have a good selection of natural wines to pair with your order.
- Mastard: This new restaurant by Simon Mathys, former chef at Manitoba, offers amazing menus at affordable prices that change each week.
The best-of-the-best take-out sandwiches:
- Provisions: The butcher shop/wine bar offers a variety of excellent take-out dishes.
- Clarke Café: The best classic deli-sandwiches in town.
- Falafel Saint-Jacques: Authentic falafel (with actually tasty gluten-free options) available for take-out or delivered to your door.
- Mitch Deli: A fantastic new sandwich shop in Rosemont-La-Petite-Patrie.
- Café Vasco de Gama: A nice spot to grab a take-out sandwich Downtown.
- Beba: An Argentinean spot in Verdun that serves mouthwatering sandwiches and incredible empanadas.
- Boucherie Lawrence: Incredible deli sandwiches by the iconic Mile-End butcher shop.
- Le Fromentier: The iconic bakery/cheese shop on Laurier East makes an incredible jambon-beurre on a homemade baguette.
- Le Diplomate: Creative sandwiches like a pork ssam or the “duck club” on homemade buns.
- Dinette Triple Crown: Come for the “Big Nasty” — one of the city’s most notorious sandwiches.
- Chez Jose: The Chicken Churrasco is one of our favourite sandwiches in town. It’s made with marinated chicken, guacamole, cheese and cucumbers. Very simple but delicious!
- Beau Temps: A lovely new lunch spot in the Mile-End with great sandwiches.
Our favourite Asian restaurants open for take-out:
- Tran Cantine: Tran Cantine offers a full menu of delicious Phở, Bùn (vermicelli salad with grilled meat) and a decent selection of banh mi sandwiches.
- Satay Brothers: The Singaporean staple of Notre-Dame Street West offers its entire menu for take-out.
- Otto Yakitori: The friendly downtown izakaya now offers Bento boxes for take-out. Soju and sake are also available!
- Cafeden: The excellent Vietnamese café on Boulevard Saint-Laurent offers a concise menu of small dishes for take-out
- Joon: A new (greatly anticipated) Iranian restaurant in Little Italy. While the dining room is closed, you can still work through the excellent menu via take-out.
- Épicerie Pumpui: Authentic (read: spicy) Thai food and natural wine to-go in Little Italy.
- HÀ: The Vietnamese restaurant that we all know and love is open for take-out orders.
- Red Tiger: For the next month, the Vietnamese pub is offering its menu for take-out and delivery.
- Doby & Andy: Traditional Cantonese roast pork and duck alongside other Cantonese staples, daily specials and a notoriously good fried chicken sandwich.
- Thammada: Thai street food on Bernard Avenue featuring a decent (and extremely delicious) vegan menu.
- Fleurs & cadeaux: The chefs from the Marusan take the kitchen by storm, creating some of the best Japanese cuisine in Montreal.
- Maneki: One of our favourite take-out spots in Hochelaga. We are in love with their General Tao!
- The Blind Tiger: A new Thai joint in Hochelaga brought to you by the Blind Pig.
Italian restaurants serving la Bella Cucina to-go:
- Mano Cornuto: One of the best Italian caffès in Montreal. Fluffy focaccia, homey pasta, and bountiful salads are all available for take-out.
- Vesta: New York-style pizza by way of Stefano Faita and Michele Forgione. Some of the best take-out pizza in Montreal.
- Luciano Trattoria: This jewel of la Petite-Patrie offers ready-to-eat dishes and sauces for take-away.
- Bottega Saint-Zotique and Bottega Laval: All the pizzeria’s signature dishes are available for take-out and delivery.
- Moccione: Villeray’s favourite trattoria has reopened offering the house-classics for take-out.
- Fiorellino: Both locations are currently offering a full menu for take-out and delivery. One of our go-to spots when we are in the mood for pasta!
- Antonietta: Offering a small but effective (not to mention appetizing) menu for take-out and delivery. The menu changes weekly.
- Kesté: A no-brainer when it comes to great Neapolitan pizza in the Mile-End. Available from Tuesday to Sunday.
- Stella Pizzeria: The pizzeria of choice on Laurier East. Take-out available 7 days a week.
- Barcola Bistro: Fabrizio Capriloi’s generous cuisine is now available for take-out at this delicious Mile End bistro.
- Elena: The pizza gods smile upon us as Elena makes their award-winning, wood-fired pizzas (including a meter-long pizza alla pala) and wine-list available for take-out.
- Cantina Nora Gray: The iconic Italian restaurant is offering a menu of fresh pasta, seasonal salads and charcoal-grilled meat and fish for take-out. Wines from their coveted wine list are also available to-go.
- Le Petit Italien: A great Italian restaurant on Bernard Avenue in Outremount.
- BarBara Vin: New spot alert! This beautiful dispensa in St-Henri serves fresh pasta and other savoury delicacies.
The best options for the freshest take-out sushi (and other raw delights):
- Jun I: Montreal’s finest sushi available for take-out and delivery from 12 noon to 8pm Monday to Saturday.
- Saint-Sushi: Open daily from 4:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the Westmount branch. To order call (514) 543-4814. Available for take-out and delivery.
- Ryu: Both Peel Street and Westmount locations offer take-out and delivery.
- Tri Express: Laurier East’s favourite sushi restaurant is offering its full menu (plus an Omakase format for up to 4 people) for take-out as of May 28th at 5:00 pm. Open Wednesday to Saturday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. All orders must be placed online.
- Bistro Lustucru: While it doesn’t serve sushi, this raw-bar is known for its tartare which feature on their take-out and delivery menu. Orders can be placed from Thursday to Sunday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Orders by phone — a 5$ delivery fee applies.
- P’tit Tri: This sushi joint is the extension of Tri Express with the same quality!
- Mikado: This a go-to sushi spot! They have three locations on the island.
- Sushi Momo: Some of the best vegan sushi in town!
- Bloom Sushi: The sushi is beautifully presented! This is a great spot for a vegan sushi platter.
Looking for a restaurant that offers healthy take-out options? Here are a few suggestions:
- Mandy’s: Multiple locations across the city offering healthy and gourmet salads.
- Omnivore: The Middle Eastern restaurant offers its famous “healthy fast-food ” for take-out.
- Tendresse: Serving a 100% vegan and eco-responsible menu for take-out alongside a mini health-food grocery.
- Venice MTL: This restaurant is known for creating beautiful dishes with fresh ingredients and features a take-out menu with plenty of vegan options.
- Darna Bistroquet: For a taste of the Mediterranean, look no further than Darna which offers a take-out menu bursting with flavours and stocked with lots of vegetarian and vegan dishes.
- Bloomfield: A veteran of the healthy take-out scene, this Van Horne restaurant’s menu is packed with healthy and delicious choices!
- Santa Barbara: For a tasty healthy meal, stop here in the Petite-Patrie.
- Café chez Téta: A charming spot on the Plateau that serves classic Lebanese specialties. They also double as a third-wave coffee shop.
- Dat Aliis: A new Vietnamese spot on Beaubien Street to satisfy your banh mi and spring roll cravings.
Bring date night home with this list of fine dining restaurants open for take-out:
- Marconi: Mehdi and Molly, to our delight, recently reopened their beautiful restaurant. Orders can be placed directly at marconimontreal.com.
- Montréal Plaza: The bustling restaurant of Charles-Antoine Crête and Cheryl Johnson offers its menu (and wine list) for take-out and delivery!
- L’Express: The beloved institution on Saint-Denis Street, offers a selection of classics from the timeless menu, individually portioned and ready for reheating. Call ahead to reserve your order as quantities are limited.
- Rose Ross: Taking the bull by the horns since the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis, a take-out service is in effect having recently added a selection of ready-to-eat dishes.
- Hoogan & Beaufort: The celebrated fine-dining establishment offers a take-out menu of ready-to-eat and ready-to-bake dishes.
- Damas: The famous Middle Eastern restaurant offers you its complete menu for take-out. Orders may be placed from Wednesday to Sunday from 5pm to 9pm.
- Bouillon Bilk: They are finally back on Fridays and Saturdays only for a special weekend menu that changes every week.
- Le Boulevardier: Hôtel Le Germain’s beautiful and inviting restaurant, Le Boulevardier, offers a three-course take-out menu every week with a choice of bubbles, red or white wines.
- Taverne on the Square: Home to one of Montreal’s best burgers, this Westmount stalwart offers a simplified take-out menu.
- Joe Beef: To the fanfare of its perennial guests the team behind Joe Beef has reopened their kitchen, inviting customers to choose from a menu of classic dishes. Pick up on site only — Tuesday to Saturday. Orders must be placed a minimum of 24 hours in advance.
- Ferreira Café: Take a trip to Portugal while staying within the comfort of your own home! One of the best Portuguese culinary experiences in Montreal.
- Les Cavistes: Lovers of tartare and a good piece of meat will be well-served by this storied Ahuntsic restaurant. Remember, take-out applies to wine, so remember to take a bottle home too!
- Le Chien Fumant: Located in the Plateau, this neighbourhood bistro offers beautiful dishes in generous portions, to-go.
- Park: The sushi platters are incredible. This is one of the musts in Westmount.
- Graziella: For a special occasion, they prepare delicious take-out!
- Beau Mont: From the Toqué group, Beau Mont offers an excellent dining experience from home!
Fragrant delights from the Indian subcontinent. A few suggestions of restaurants that bring the heat:
- Atma: One of the best Indian restaurants in Montreal offers its entire menu for take-out.
- Malhi Sweets: A local favourite and Jarry landmark serves a classic cross-section of North Indian fare. The complete menu is available for take-out and delivery via Skip the Dishes.
- Le Super Qualité: The Indian snack bar in Rosemont, offers a mix of North and South Indian dishes. For take-out consider opting for a “tiffin meal” which offers a complete set of 3 dishes and rice served in a traditional Indian tiffin.
- Le 409: This posh Indian “pub” serves refined North Indian classics to-go from their Old Port location.
- Thali: This incredible Downtown lunch counter serves delicious “thalis” (a segmented dish on which a casual Indian meal is served) at low prices. One of the best deals in the city. Available for take-out and delivery.
- Punjab Palace: This Jean-Talon staple offers its entire menu for take-out or delivery. We strongly recommend the biryani or anything from the tandoor.
For the early risers, a list of take-out brunch (and lunch) options:
- Merci la Vie: The dreamy bakery offers its complete menu for take-out.
- Larrys +: Offering the full Larrys menu plus a few special dishes, like the amazing Lawrence burger for take-out. They also offer a wide selection of wine for takeaway as well.
- Hélico: Our favourite coffee shop in Hochelaga offers a full take-out menu which gives customers an opportunity to savour its lunch sandwich — one of the best in town.
- Restaurant Well: Verdun’s go-to brunch spot offers, among other things, a classic breakfast plate and its iconic ricotta pancakes to go.
- L’Entre-Pots: Their benedict eggs are to die for! Open 7 days a week.
Restaurants serving comfort classics and upscale “fast food” to go:
- Icehouse: The undisputed heavyweight champion of Tex-Mex. Fried chicken, burritos and popcorn shrimp (among others) are all available for take-out.
- Paradis BBQ: For all good things chicken whether it’s fried, chicken wings or a full rotisserie bird you’ll find it on their take-out menu. Delivery is also available.
- Chez Tousignant: Our favourite snack bar is back, offering some of the best burgers, hot dogs, poutines and other homemade delicacies to take away.
- Roch le Coq: Our favourite fried chicken — for take-out! We highly recommend trying the fried chicken sandwich!
- Kwizinn: This exceptional Caribbean restaurant offers a delicious plantain burger, grilled chicken, mac & cheese and a mean plate of Griot.
- Nouveau Palais: One of the best burgers in town, not to mention a menu loaded with heaps of comfort classics for take-out.
- Campo: The fast-food project of the Ferreira Group roasts some of the best Portuguese (local, grain-fed) chicken in Montreal. Available for take-out and delivery.
- Lloydie’s: A local favourite since the ’80s. This Caribbean restaurant is credited for introducing Montreal to the beef patty. Their menu now includes amazing jerk chicken and braised oxtail.
- Uniburger: Award-winning burgers, fries and shakes. Need we say more?
- Mimi & Jones: In the mood for fast food but you are vegan? They have you covered.
- Paulo & Suzanne: One of the best cantines on the island!
A few other restaurants worth mentioning:
- Lundis au Soleil: A cross between a deli and a coffee shop, this spot has everything you need to cater your socially distanced 5 à 7.
- Candide: This Little Burgundy restaurant features a take-out menu of cleverly composed dishes and delicious wines. Additionally, 4-6 course dinners are also available. Delivery is offered for a fee of $7.50.
- Ibéricos: This Plateau-Mont Royal Spanish restaurant offers its delicious tapas and paella to go.
- Café Denise: Taking a step back from take-out, Café Denise is reinventing itself as déppaneur. Available for purchase are reheatable meals, snacks and, of course, wine!
- Restaurant 425F: This excellent New American restaurant offers a complete and diverse menu for take-out and delivery.
- Bistro Liu: Fans of Mrs. Liu’s cooking are delighted as the chef reopens her incredible restaurant for take-out.
- Chez Lionel: This Laval-based French brasserie offers its entire menu of pub classics for take-out.
- La Table Des Gourmets: It’s all in the name! The take-out menu is updated every Tuesday night ensuring a constant supply of new gourmet experiences. Orders must be placed by noon for same-day pick-up from 4 to 6 pm. Delivery is available for customers in Val-David and Val-Morin.
- L’Épicurieux: The terroir-driven restaurant in Val David offers its thoughtful menu for take-out. Orders can be placed via Facebook, email or phone 819-320-0080. Pickup days: Sunday, Wednesday and Friday between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- La Belle Histoire: Étienne’s cooking and Sophie’s bottles — it’s a recipe for happiness for locals who benefit from the restaurant’s exceptional take-out program.