PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION POLICY, TASTET INC. (“Tastet”)
– LAST UPDATED JUNE 2020
At Tastet we want you to have a good time around the table. In order to achieve this, we need to get to know you and it is in this context that we may have access to some of your personal information. Your personal information is valuable, and we want to make sure that we are transparent about how we use it. By knowing our policy regarding the collection and use of your personal information, you will be able to make informed choices about the sharing of your personal information.
Please be assured that the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information will be done in accordance with the requirements of applicable privacy legislation, including the standards set out in the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
Tastet is committed to respecting your privacy and implementing the 10 privacy principles contained in the National Standard of Canada Entitled Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information:
- Designate and make known the persons responsible at Tastet for following this policy.
At all times, an employee of Tastet will be accountable for the application of Tastet’s policy and practices relating to the management of personal information. By sending your requests to the contact information below, we will ensure that they are directed to the appropriate person.
- Receive and deal with any complaints about the implementation of this policy and practices
Any request or complaint relating to the implementation of this policy may be addressed to the Privacy Officer at the following coordinates:
4067 Tastet Blvd. Saint-Laurent, #401
Montreal, Quebec H2W 1Y7
- Determining why personal information is collected
Tastet uses personal information for the following purposes, as applicable :
- To establish and maintain a trusting relationship with its readers and to provide them with quality service, tailored to their preferences;
- To understand the needs and preferences of its readers;
- To ensure the relevance of its products and services, website and mobile applications by tailoring content to your personal needs;
- Evaluate and improve its products and services, website and mobile applications;
- Process the payment, supply and delivery of products or services that you may have purchased from or through Tastet, including through our online store;
- Inform you of any facts, events, products, services or offers that may be of interest to you;
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements.
Also, if you create a profile on Tastet (subscription), Tastet may use the personal information to:
- Establish your user profile;
- Recommend addresses and content tailored to your user profile and geolocation;
- Offer you customized products or services from Tastet or third parties;
- Select ads that best match your interests, preferences and characteristics so that they can be offered to you on Tastet’s various platforms and on third party websites;
- Generate statistics, use them and possibly sell them or communicate them to third parties but at all times the statistics will keep your anonymity, will not be nominative and cannot be used to identify you.
The personal information collected will only be used for the purposes thus identified, unless exceptions are provided by law or with your consent to the new use.
- Obtaining Consent
By using the Tastet Website, you are deemed to have consented to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Policy. In certain circumstances, as required by law, Tastet will obtain your express consent. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please send us a notice to that effect at the contact information indicated above, it is possible that certain services may no longer be accessible to you.
- Limiting the collection of personal information
Tastet collects only the personal information necessary to fulfill the purposes identified above, this information may include personal information, such as your name, address, email address, language, occupation, payment information, age, gender.
Also, if you have set up a user profile, Tastet will have access to additional information that you provide at the time of your subscription, or later, such as, without limitation, your interests, preferences, needs and other personal information (year of birth, family situation, marital status, geolocation, etc.) as well as any other element that is part of your user profile including beloved, registered or hidden addresses.
Finally, Tastet may also collect non-personal information, i.e. information that remains anonymous and cannot be used to identify an individual, such as the type and version of the browser or operating system you are using, and the website you have visited previously and the one you will visit next.
- Limiting uses and disclosures of personal information
Tastet uses and discloses personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected or with your consent or as permitted by law.
- Promote the accuracy of personal information at the time of use or disclosure
Tastet takes reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is current and accurate when it is used or disclosed. You are encouraged to contribute to this by promptly notifying Tastet of any changes to your profile or promptly reporting any errors that may have occurred. You can do this by accessing your profile on the Tastet website or by contacting Tastet by email or regular mail at the addresses listed above.
- Protecting Personal Information
Tastet protects the personal information entrusted to it with the security measures appropriate to the circumstances.
- Make readily available information about existing practices relating to personal information
- Giving you access to your personal information and allowing you to correct it
Tastet provides you with access to personal information about you that Tastet holds about you, subject to the conditions and exceptions provided by law. Upon request, Tastet will inform you of the existence, use, and disclosure of your personal information and will give you access to that information upon request. You will also be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
B. COOKIES AND AUDIENCE ANALYSIS DEVICES
Some pages on our website require the sending of cookies. A cookie is a file installed on your computer’s hard drive that contains information that improves communication between our server and your browser. Our server installs a permanent cookie on your computer during your first visit and, depending on the applications used, other permanent or temporary cookies may be used to technically manage certain choices you make. Cookies may be placed on your browser by our ad management server. Rest assured that no personal information is stored in cookies. You can refuse or disable cookies. To do so, consult your browser’s configuration options. In this case, certain functions of our website will no longer be available. Our mobile applications may use devices, such as software, audience analysis to obtain information about usage data and traffic patterns of our applications in order to improve their content and the quality of our service. We may also obtain information relating to your browsing activity or the device you use such as your IP address, the unique identifier of your iPad-branded tablet, your history, whether you have viewed specific content (editorial or advertising), the amount of time you have spent viewing it, and your location data (“Browsing Information”). Navigational Information may be shared on a de-identified and aggregated basis with authorized third parties with whom Tastet collaborates, such as advertisers, content partners or contest organizers (“Authorized Third Parties”). Authorized Third Parties are only informed that you are potentially part of a group targeted by a given content or advertisement. Authorized Third Parties are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information in accordance with the law and agreements with Tastet.
C. DOUBLE CLICK FOR PUBLISHERS (“DFP”) PRIVACY PROTECTION
Some of the advertisements displayed on our website may be placed by third party partners. While displaying advertisements on our website, these third-party partners may place or recognize a cookie in your browser. The data collected from the cookie is used to present you with advertisements for products and services that may be of interest to you. No personal information is collected. To learn more about this practice and to learn how to prevent a third-party partner from using this information, click on the following link: https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated.
D. ADDITIONAL PRIVACY PROCEDURES
Privacy policies specific to a Tastet service can be found on a Tastet site, at the location of that particular Tastet service, or in additional stipulations on the Tastet site. These procedures are an addendum to this Policy and are provided to you where they may be most useful to you.