Irresistible take-out — Continue encouraging small local businesses!
In an effort to consume locally and encourage small businesses that have been hit hard by the pandemic, we are offering you a selection of delicious dishes from around the city to savour in the comfort of your home.
If you feel compelled and can afford it, try to use local products as much as possible to help the restaurant industry survive this health crisis.
To give you a little nudge, here are 10 very tempting dishes that we would order every day if we could:
- Hélico: The breakfast sandwich is a staple on the menu of this charming café in Hochelaga; a great way to start the day! Hélico is temporarily closed, but Hélicoptère is open.
- Ice House: From nachos to ribs, the entire menu is mouthwatering. However, we strongly recommend the fried chicken bucket.
- Chez Tousignant: It is impossible for us to tell you what to get at this address because everything is delicious! A true feast of irresistible temptations!
- Roch le Coq: This address has recently become one of our favourite addresses, and for good reason. The house serves — without a doubt — some of the best fried chicken in town. You can enjoy it in many forms: in a bucket, burger, or poutine.
- Nouveau Palais: Sometimes the simplest things are the best. We love getting their burger and fries for take-out. A real treat!
- Mano Cornuto: If you like fresh pasta, you won’t be disappointed!
- Vesta: This Americanized trattoria in Villeray serves a pepperoni pizza that’s finger-lickin’ good.
- L’Express: Have you always wanted to eat at L’Express? The Saint Denis Street institution offers some of its great classics for take-out. We love the ravioli, one of the many staple specialties of the house.
- Malhi Sweets: This succulent restaurant in Parc-Extension serves delicious take-out thalis.
Written by Sophie Monkman
Photography by Alison Slattery —