Two granita recipes from Dalla Rose: Orange Campari and lime
In the mood for freshness? Dalla Rose shared two delicious granita recipes with us; Campari orange and lime.
These recipes are really simple but do need a little love and attention. Remember to stir them until all the ice crystals have formed! If not, you will get a huge flavoured ice cube.
- 110 g (1/2 cup) + 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 110 ml (1/2 cup) + 1/2 tablespoon of water
- 220 ml (1 cup) + 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- 400 g (1 2/3 cup) Campari
- 200 g (1 cup) orange juice
- 400 g (2 cups) simple syrup
- 200 ml (1 cup) lime juice
- Mix water and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Transfer to a bowl and let cool to room temperature. Can be made 3-4 days in advance.
- When making the granita, make sure everything is at room temperature before you start. This will allow the simple syrup to incorporate properly with the other ingredients.
- Mix everything together in a bowl, transfer to a freezer-safe container and place in the freezer. Using a metal pan will speed up the process if you’re in a hurry, but use one you don’t like as much because you may scratch it in the next step.
- After about 45 minutes, the mixture should start to set. With a fork, stir or scrape the mixture to make ice crystals.
- Return to the freezer and repeat every 30 minutes until the mixture is completely transformed into ice crystals.
- Once the mixture is finished, store it in a tightly closed container until ready to serve.
Photography by Dalla Rose