Byblos’ Feta Omelette: The secret recipe
Byblos’ feta omelette has garnered many devotees. Located for decades on Laurier Street East, Byblos Le Petit Café has become a sort of exotic oasis in the heart of the Plateau. The decor is very Iranian, the dishes are just as Iranian – including the famous feta omelette – and the traditional family cuisine offers many tasty proposals. Héméla, who founded the establishment, brought this recipe from her native Iran. Byblos’ feta omelette has always been a favourite breakfast dish and has always been a favourite with many food lovers.
Byblos’ irresistible feta omelette
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 4 minutes
- 400 g double cream feta cheese
- 1 spoonful melted butter
- 8 large eggs
- 4 spoonfuls of finely chopped green onions
- Dried dill (to taste)
- Since feta is often too salty, it should be placed in a cold water bath for at least one day.
- If the feta is still a little too salty for your taste, put it in a new cold water bath.
- In a frying pan, crumble the feta and melt it with the butter.
- Once the feta has melted, add the green onions and the eggs.
- Mix well until the eggs are cooked to the desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with dried dill and serve.