September Surf’s Gazpacho Recipe
It’s sunny, it’s hot, and summer is (finally!) here.
Today, we’re sharing a quick and easy recipe that’s perfect for summer days. September Surf Café is known for many things, but their gazpacho holds a very special place in our hearts. So when the hot weather comes, we rush to Notre-Dame West to refresh ourselves with this delicious soup of Andalusian origin. However, from now on, you don’t have to go anywhere; September Surf Café is in your kitchen!
Don’t know September Surf? Whatever the season, September Surf is the epitome of a sunny break in our day. This lovely spot serves up some of the best coffee in town with a snack-box style menu of fresh and indulgent dishes such as avocado toast, a fresh salmon bowl, a delicious breakfast sandwich and—of course—their exceptional gazpacho.
Also, be sure to check out their little brother address Stem Bar, located right next door. Here you’ll find a local beer and wine bar formula, and a laid-back atmosphere.
And because good things are always better when shared, here’s the scrumptious gazpacho recipe from Zach Chase, September Surf’s chef de jour.
September Surf’s Gazpacho
Preparation: 15 minutes
- 600g roasted tomato slices
- 150g English cucumber, peeled and cut into pieces
- 50g Russian bread cubes (without crust)
- 65g sherry vinegar
- 4g kosher salt + more to taste
- 15g sugar
- 2g black pepper
- 1g cayenne pepper
- 300g extra virgin olive oil
- Season raw tomato slices with salt and sugar and roast in oven at 375F for 15-20 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine all ingredients, except olive oil, in a blender and blend until smooth.
- With the blender running, drizzle in the olive oil to emulsify. Cool and serve cold.
- Garnish with chives, cucumbers, basil and olive oil.